For forged components requiring high shock resistance
UACJ provides a variety of aluminum alloy products for forging. Our lineup of aluminum alloys includes products that have the necessary rigidity, high-temperature strength and abrasion resistance for applications such as brake components and power steering.
- Forged aluminum alloy products can be manufactured with a variety of material types in accordance with their intended use.
- 6000-type alloys are best suited to automotive uses, being optimal in strength, processability, and resistance to corrosion.
- GS310 is a high strength alloy developed by improvements made to 6061-T6 for structures and suspension systems.
- SC100 and SC300 are developed as alloys that excel in abrasion resistance with outstanding forgeability.
- Materials for absorbing impact
Suspension system components such as upper and lower arms
- Materials with vital strength
Brackets, propeller shafts
- Materials that are pressure-resistant and airtight
Hydraulic components, brake components
- Materials with abrasion resistance
Housing for power steering, compressor components
Types and Properties
Types and mechanical properties of aluminum alloys for use in forging
|Desired properties||Material||Si Content (MASS%)||Mechanical properties||Forgeability*||Machinability*||Corrosion resistance*|
|Former Sumitomo designation||Temper||Tensile strength