Initiatives for Society

Listen to this page

Basic Concept

The UACJ Group believes that being a business that contributes widely to society requires understanding the expectations of stakeholders and responding to their trust. We see product safety and quality control initiatives, supply-chain management, human resource development and diversity, and the provision of safe, healthy work environments as having importance not only for us but for society, as well, and do our best to achieve progress in all of these areas, with their social benefits in mind.

Fiscal 2018 Key Objectives and Results

  Fiscal 2018 Objectives Fiscal 2018 Results Assessment Fiscal 2019 Objectives
Quality and Customer Satisfaction Zero major quality problems Multiple incidents × Zero major quality problems (anomalies)
10% or greater reduction in complaints (both those involving claims for damages and those that do not) compared to fiscal 2017 10% reduction compared to fiscal2017 10% or greater reduction in complaints (both those involving claims for damages and those that do not) compared to fiscal 2017
Human Resource Development and Diversity Make women 40% of the new career-track college graduates hired into administrative positions and 10% of technical positions In implementing UACJ’s first General Employer Action Plan, hired a total of 44 new career-track college graduates, including 10 women. The women accounted for 50% of administrative positions filled and 12.5% of technical positions. Make women 40% of the new career-track college graduates hired into administrative positions and 10% of technical positions
By fiscal 2020, increase the number of female managers to twice the end-of-fiscal-2015 figure As of the end of fiscal 2018, increased the number of female managers by 43% compared to the end-of-fiscal-2015 figure By fiscal 2020, increase the number of female managers to twice the end-of-fiscal-2015 figure
Provision of Safe, Healthy Work Environments Energize improvement activities aimed at eliminating workplace accidents Moved forward with efforts to thoroughly identify and assess risks, improve the essential safety of equipment, adopt safer work approaches, and disclose even minor accidents to discuss preventive measures Creation of a system for maintaining awareness of past major accidents
Conduct employee education on safety and health Conducted experiential safety education at the Nagoya and Fukaya works, and held new-hire group training for record high numbers of participants (126 technical employees, 65 administrative employees) Enhance training for mid-career hires and employees taking on new positions

Looking toward the Future

In fiscal 2018, certain objectives, such as those relating to major quality problems (quality anomalies) and increasing the number of female managers, were not achieved. Objectives were achieved, however, in terms of hiring of women for career-track positions and safety and hygiene training. For fiscal 2019, efforts will focus on maintaining performance for objectives achieved in fiscal 2018, while striving to attain the performance improvements needed to achieve the objectives not met in fiscal 2018.