For laser printers and copying machines
Photoconductive drums are said to be the heart of laser printers and copying machines. High-precision drawn aluminum pipes are the materials used in such drums. Through its own development, UACJ has succeeded in using precision extrusion and cold-drawing processes to achieve a mirror surface, eliminating the need for conventional machining and mirror surface processing.
- Using the cold-drawing process to create an excellent surface and reduce surface-machining processes.
- Achieves high dimensional precision (exterior and interior diameters, chatter pattern).
- Organic solvents are unnecessary, allowing environmentally friendly water washing and eliminating the need for oil during production.
- Automatic testers are used to test all products for dimensional accuracy and surface quality.
- Ensuring stable product quality through consistent manufacturing process management spanning casting, extrusion, drawing and testing.
- Photoconductive drum for laser printers and copying machines
Superb dimensional precision and coated optical surface characteristics
|Tolerance on outside diameter
|Approximately 1/5 of JIS
|35 μm or less
|Ry ≦ 2 μm
- *1 Assumed measurement at center, when tubes are supported at both ends and rotated
- *2 Maximum height