Helping to Make Vehicles More Lightweight
We offer a variety of aluminum alloy sheets that have the strength, formability, corrosion resistance, surface quality and other characteristics needed for automotive body panels. These are used as exterior panels—for engine hoods, trunk lids and doors—as well as for interior panels.
- The TM Series (type 6000 alloy) is bake hardened, making its lightweight and strong.
- The TG Series (type 5000 alloy) is highly ductile, lightweight and with high formability.
- We offer a variety of products with different surface finishes, surface treatments, lubricants and sizes.
|Material||Type 5000 or 6000 rolled sheet alloy|
|Surface finishes||Dull or milled finished|
|Surface treatments||Acid washing possible|
|Lubricants||Can be coated with various types of lubricant|
|Shapes||Coils and sheets (longitudinal circular sheets also possible)|
Automotive panel materials (engine hoods, trunk lids, doors, etc.)
Typical characteristics of aluminum alloy sheets used to make automobile panels
|Alloy||By alloy and quality||By quality||Tensile strength||Yield strength||Elongation||Alloy proof strength after baking*1||Notes|
|5000 Alloys||5052||O||195||90||27||General materials|
|TG19||O||270||125||30||Good formability, SS-mark improvement|
|TG25||O||275||120||33||High formability, SS-mark improvement|
|6000 Alloys||TM30||T4||210||110||27||200||High BH, superior corrosion resistance|
|TM45||T4||245||135||29||165||Good formability, superior corrosion resistance|
|TM55||T4||230||120||29||220||High BH, superior corrosion resistance|
|TM66||T4||240||115||29||210||Good formability, High BH|
|High BH-TM67||T4||255||120||29||215||Good formability, High BH|
|High formability-TM67||T4||285||145||29||175||High formability|
- *1 Baking conditions: After applying 2% pre-distortion, test value after 20 min at 170°C
- *2 The “stretcher-strain mark” (SS mark) is a distortion pattern that appears during forming.
- *3 The BH (bake-hard effect) is the property of strength increased by applying the bake coating.
Chart showing aluminum alloy sheets developed by UACJ for use in automobile panels
*1 Each of the 6000 Alloy materials for which bake-hardness and press-formability are displayed possesses other special characteristics (bendability, surface quality, corrosion resistance, etc.). Please contact UACJ for details.