For Countering Heat in the Housings and Chassis of Important Electronic Equipment
Removing heat efficiently from the inner workings of flat-screen TVs and automotive electronics is an important design parameter. The FUSTHERMO* Series plays a role in the heat design to improve the performance of such equipment by offering a high heat transfer rates and high strength.
* FUSTHERMO is a registered trademark of UACJ.
- The newly developed type 6000 alloy offers nearly the same level of heat conductivity as type 1000 alloy, but higher strength.
- This material has the same drawability, tensile characteristics and bending formability as general-purpose press-formed aluminum sheet.
- Aluminum is more lightweight than stainless steel or copper, making it a good choice for transferring heat and reducing weight.
- To improve heat dispersion characteristics, we also offer precoated materials (combined with UACJ COAT™ HS).
- POP chassis
- IC substrate
- Meeting ongoing trends toward heat dispersion devices that are more compact and higher capacity
- Light sources and heat-emitting DVD drive cases
Comparison with conventional materials and other metals
Overview of characteristics
|By alloy and quality||Specific gravity||Tensile strength
|Heat transfer rate
|Newly developed EM03||2.7||200||180||9||219–222||57.5–59|
|Conventional aluminum materials||A1100-O||2.7||90||35||35||222||59|
|Other metals||Mild steel S15C||7.9||420||255||30||52||12|
|Copper (Hot rolling material)||8.9||233||69||45||390||100|
* Figures included in the table are typical values; they are not guarantees.
Strength and thermal conductivity
* The characterictics are typical values; they are not guarantees.
Material surface temperature distribution after 40 minutes of heating
Using FUSTHERMO, which has high thermal diffusivity, prevents localized temperature spikes.